- 3 cups semolina
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 dry red peppers - broken into pieces
- 6-7 curry leaves
- 1 tsp mustard seeds - for seasoning
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup sour yogurt
- 1 tsp eno's fruit salt
- Heat the oil and add the peppers, curry leaves, mustard seeds and when they splutter, add the semolina and saute over low heat, till an aroma emanates.
- Take it off the heat and let it cool.
- When cool, mix the semolina and yogurt to a smooth batter add the salt.
- Keep aside in a warm place for about an hour.
- Add the eno's and steam immediately in an idli steamer for 6-9 minutes (cocktail sized) and 15-20 minutes if the bigger size.